MINI-FIX: the compact, fully automatic neutralisation plant for laboratories
Task of the plant
The MINI-FIX system has been designed for decentralised application below the laboratory table. Its advantages are a small footprint, easy operation, rugged design and optimal cost-benefit ratio. With the help of special electrodes and chemicals, the installation can also be used for cyanide and chromate decontamination.
Process descriptionThe wastewater to be neutralised (pH 2–12) flows along an incline into the reaction tank. As soon as full contact is established, the neutralisation process is started automatically. The wastewater first is thoroughly mixed with a feed pump and the pH value is determined. Then the PLC doses acid or base, depending on the deviation from the permitted pH level. Finally the neutralised wastewater can be introduced into the sewers.
With its extremely small dimensions, the MINI-FIX neutralisation installation fits in almost any laboratory wash cupboard.
- Completely closed installation
- Extremely low maintenance: the individual components can be accessed and disassembled easily
- Siemens PLC controller: a buffer tank with level indicator can be connected
- High-quality dosing valves outside the chemicals tanks
- Easy filling of the chemicals tank by the means of quick couplings
- No problematic odours thanks to acid fume filter
- Pump runs quietly, thus low noise
- Text display with interface; mounting at the power outlet strip of laboratory tables for example
- Linienschreiber zur pH-Wert-Registrierung
- Four transportation casters on the downside
|Throughput||300 l/h (pH 2-12)|
|Working method||fully automatic|
|Power consumption||0,5 kW|
|Dimensions||800 x 500 x 620 mm (LxBxH)|
- Separator for sinking and floating material
- Holding tank
- Safety drip pan for the whole installation
Thanks to its small dimensions, the MINI-FIX neutralisation installation fits in almost any laboratory wash cupboard.